Stem Cell Nutrition -- Video and Articles


Watch the Stem Cell Nutrition Product Video: Click Here.

Stem Cell Health is simple and natural. Embrionic Stem Cells are Controversial Conversation. Consequently Stem Cells are hot political news. We are interested only in what everyone agrees about -- no bull here.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trapped by My TV

MM Journal

Saturday - September 5, 2009

Dear THB Reader:

I couldn't be happier to tell you about a new service you'll receive every Saturday absolutely free as a supplement to your subscription to Total Health Breakthroughs.

It's called The Michael Masterson Journal, and as the name suggests, it is written by our founder Michael Masterson. And you will soon see it will be a highly valuable addition to what you already receive from Total Health Breakthroughs.  

Michael happens to be my mentor at THB.  Not only is he one of the best writers in the business, he has a wealth of knowledge about natural ways to improve your health.  From his low-carb meals and nutritional supplement regimen, to his high-intensity workouts, Michael lives the healthy lifestyle you read about in THB.

In each issue of the Journal, Michael will share his healthy living secrets with you.   Plus he'll teach you how to increase your income, invest more safely, start your own business, and even earn points with your boss and significant other.

Best of all, I promise that you'll be entertained with terrific writing, irreverent commentary, and great advice to on how to improve your life now

Look for The Michael Masterson Journal every Saturday in your e-mail box.  You'll be glad you did.

To Your Good Health,

Melanie Segala
Managing Editor
Total Health Breakthroughs


I've added something to my morning routine that makes me feel better than ever. I thought you might want to give it a shot to see if it works for you.

After brushing my teeth and before doing anything else, I go out in the fresh air and spend five or 10 minutes doing yoga and deep breathing.

Then I come in, sit in a favorite chair with some great book (usually philosophy or poetry), and read till I come upon an inspiring or illuminating thought. I meditate on that golden thought for a minute, and then write it in my journal. 

This two-part routine takes only 10 or 20 minutes, yet has a profound impact on the rest of my day. The yoga/breathing calms the mind and invigorates the body. The golden thought motivates me to be a better person.


When people ask me "What's the best way to make money?" I usually tell them to start an online business.

Last year, while brick-and-mortar operations and big-name retailers were dropping like flies, Internet-based ventures were up 7 percent, according to trade publication Internet Retailer. The Internet is already a $133 billion market and its future is bright.

If you've been thinking about starting an online business, you should check out a new program ETR has created with veteran copywriter and marketing consultant Bob Bly. Bob and the team at Early to Rise have put together a quick-start action guide for Internet newbies. It's based on techniques -- from proven copywriting secrets to the latest trends in online ads -- that Bob has discovered over his 30-year career.

I've never read a book written by Bob that I haven't enjoyed. I've never heard him give a speech that I didn't learn something from. I'm confident that this program will be jam-packed with useful advice, as well as entertaining and easy to follow. I recommend it to you.

And you can start on it today.


High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) has already been linked to diabetes, obesity, liver damage, immune system problems, diminished bone and muscle strength, impotence, and an increased risk of certain kinds of cancer.

But it also may contain mercury, according to a recent report in the journal Environmental Health. (It's a byproduct of the HFCS refining process.)

Because HFCS is a common ingredient in foods and beverages, the study notes that the average person could be ingesting three times more mercury than the FDA considers safe -- and FDA limits may be dangerously high.


Are you taking advantage of Early to Rise's Word to the Wise service? You should be. It will give a positive start to your day. And it takes less than a minute.

I've been learning a new word five times a week for about five years. That means I've increased my vocabulary by about 1,300 words. But these are not esoteric words I'll never use. I'm very selective. There are lots of words sent to me by dictionary services that I'm not at all interested in.

For example, one of the words Merriam-Webster sent me was "brachiate." It means to swing by the arms from one handhold to another. Monkeys travel through trees by brachiating. A child can move across monkey bars by brachiating.

But who needs such a word? And even if you could think of a way to use it in conversation, can you imagine saying it without sounding like a show-off?

I can't.

I recommend ETR's Word to the Wise because it will give you words you can actually use in business and your personal life -- words that will enhance your personal power, not make you look like a pompous ass. Check it out here.


Somehow, our breakfast conversation turned toward television watching.

"How's it been without a TV?" I asked my brother.

"It's been great," he said. "I read more. I go to bed earlier. I feel better about myself."

For 25 years, my wife and I lived in a TV-free household. It provided us and our children with the three life-changing benefits my brother mentioned. Then, after Number Three Son went off to college, I got crazy and installed no fewer than seven TVs in our home. Almost immediately, I began watching again. First just the "good stuff." Then the "entertaining" shows. Finally, I found myself clicking through pure junk until the wee hours.

I disabled the TV in my writing studio and disconnected the cable on the one in the den. Now, I use that one to watch Netflix movies -- classics and foreign language films. I saw Casablanca for the umpteenth time the other night and enjoyed every minute of it.

But I still get trapped by the TV in my wife's library next to our bedroom. She sometimes watches The Daily Show on that set. Then we will watch something together for an hour, and she'll usually go to bed. But I have less willpower, and often sit up clicking well past midnight.

I find myself wanting to watch TV because I think it will relax me. Yet I'm aware that studies show that TV slows the brain and reduces creative thinking. My brother says that people watch TV to "anaesthetize" themselves from boredom. "But you should want to feel your boredom," he says, "so it can spur you to get up and do something interesting."

He makes a very good point.

All of our leisure time activities can be divided into three categories:

1. Golden activities are those that enlighten you.

2. Silver activities are those that amuse you and make you feel good.

3. Dross activities are those that simply distract you.

Casablanca is golden. Friday Night Lights is silver. Clicking from American Idol to the Biggest Loser to Maury Povich is dross.

I should have never brought those damn TVs into the house. But now that they are there, I must learn to manage the time I spend watching them, because those hours are precious indeed.


Natural health supplements have been hot for a while. The industry is still going strong, and the growth potential is unlimited.

Paul Lawrence, a successful entrepreneur and author who operates over half a dozen profitable enterprises, including a natural health business, shows you how to get your own supplement business started. And don't worry if you don't have a product ... or any expertise in natural health. Paul has a three-step approach to getting you well on your way to earning a good living in this $172 billion industry.


Want to be really happy? Move to Nicaragua!

That's the finding of a new report, The Happy Planet Index.

Making it their goal to measure "what truly matters to us," the Happy Planet folks studied almost every country on the globe -- the 143 countries that have 99 percent of the world's population. They looked at lifespan, quality of life, and ecological conditions. "The idea was to get away from the usual indicators, such as GDP (gross domestic product)," a representative said, "and to focus on positive experiences in life."

Based on their criteria, Happy Planet ranked the United States 114, Canada 89, France 71, and Switzerland 52.

But Nicaragua -- one of the cheapest places to live (and where I have my second home) -- beat them all, coming in at 11.

Happy Planet said that Nicaraguans enjoy a "long, happy, and meaningful existence." I know that's how my family and I feel when we are down there.

To find out more about living in Nicaragua, contact Marc Brown at Rancho Santana.


Total Health Breakthroughs readers had a lot to say about Melanie Segala's recent interview with Dr. Dwight Lundell about the mythical link between high cholesterol and heart disease. Here's a comment from Roger:

"Dr. Lundell is so right! The incapable, under-staffed, 'on-the-take' FDA and the pharmaceutical industry and their all too powerful lobbyists call the shots. I am 'sick' of the cholesterol lies and scare tactics perpetrated on the American public by Big Pharma on TV day in and day out. With Big Pharma it's all about the bottom line and blatant GREED!"


[Ed. Note: Michael Masterson welcomes your questions and comments. Send him a message at AskMichael@ETRFeedback.com.]

 

Copyright © 2009 Fourth Avenue Health Group, LLC, located at 245 NE 4th Avenue, Delray Beach Florida 33483, is a subsidiary of Early to Rise.  All rights reserved.  Total Health Breakthroughs is published weekly as a free email subscription service by Fourth Avenue Health Group, LLC.

To unsubscribe, Click here

We respect your privacy. You can view our privacy policy on our website.
© Copyright Early to Rise, LLC., 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment