Stem Cell Nutrition -- Video and Articles


Watch the Stem Cell Nutrition Product Video: Click Here.

Stem Cell Health is simple and natural. Embrionic Stem Cells are Controversial Conversation. Consequently Stem Cells are hot political news. We are interested only in what everyone agrees about -- no bull here.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

THB: North Carolina Farmer Teaches the 5 Greatest Secrets to Lifelong Health

To ensure that you never miss an issue, please whitelist our email.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.
Home | About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Unsubscribe |Whitelist Us|Printer Friendly
TOTAL HEALTH BREAKTHROUGHS
By Jon Herring - Executive Editor Tuesday, November 3th

I learned the five greatest secrets to lifelong health from a farmer in North Carolina. Although I'm pretty sure he had no idea just how important they are.

These five secrets are inexpensive and super-easy to follow. And by applying them in your life, you can dramatically reduce your risk of every degenerative disease – including diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's, macular degeneration and heart disease. You'll boost your immunity and your digestive health. It will even sharpen your mind and improve your mood.

And if you already suffer from poor health, applying these principles could literally save your life. In fact, I believe that if the average person did this for most of his life, he could easily add twenty healthy and active years to his lifespan.

And isn't that what we all want – a healthspan that is equal to our lifespan?

The truth is, you can have it all – a sharp mind, strong muscles, joints that work without pain, a powerful immune system and a high level of energy – well into your later years.

And that brings me to the story of Harold Simpson…

Several years ago, I was driving through the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains on my way to an early fall camping trip. I decided to stop when I saw the "Fresh Produce" sign in front of a big white farmhouse.

As I walked up to the long table displaying the colors of the season, the owner of the property called from the field and told me to help myself. I turned a bright red apple in my hand and watched as he tossed the last few 50-pound bales of hay on a flatbed truck.

A few minutes later he walked over and introduced himself. "Harold Simpson," he said. "How can I help you?"

"I just stopped for some apples and a few tomatoes," I told him.

When I looked at him, I couldn't believe my eyes. The way he tossed those heavy bales, I took Mr. Simpson for a much younger man. And he certainly shook like one, smiling as he gripped my hand like a vise.

When he stepped out of the sun and into the shade beside the house, I could tell Mr. Simpson was much older than I thought when I saw him in the field. But still, his face was full of vitality. His shoulders were broad. And while his body was lean, he looked powerful.

I took Harold Simpson for a man in his sixties. But I was curious. So at the risk of being impolite, I said, "I can't believe how you just tossed those bales of hay. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?"

"I don't mind. I turned 86 this year," he said proudly.

Here was a man doing what most 40-year-olds couldn't do – toss 50 pounds overhead. He didn't look a day over 65. And yet he was closing in on 90 years old. I couldn't believe it.

"So, what's your secret?" I had to ask.

Harold told me he didn't take a single medicine. He said he hadn't seen a doctor since he broke his foot 10 years ago. And he was never sick with more than an occasional cold.

"I guess you don't go to the gym," I joked.

"I get all the exercise I need taking care of things around here," he said, laughing. And by his lean frame and bulging forearms, it was obviously working.

"Judging from this spread, I know you eat well," I told him.

"About the only things I ever eat come from 'round here," he said, sweeping his arm in a broad arc across the fields behind him and the valley below.

I learned that he wasn't just talking about the vegetables, herbs and apples he grew, but the deer he hunted each year and the beef and dairy from his brother's grass-fed herd.

"And I don't know why, but I've never had much of a sweet tooth," he told me.

The Closest You'll Get to Effortless Weight Loss

Suppose you could drop all of your unwanted fat… without going to the gym or forcing yourself to eat rice cakes and tofu burgers?

A new clinical study says it's possible.

It may be the most successful weight loss compound ever tested.

The people in this study – which was published in the medical journal Lipids in Health and Disease – lost an average of 28 pounds and 6 inches off their belly. And they didn't change their diet or exercise habits.

Click here to find out how they did it..

In a five minute conversation, and without even knowing it, Harold Simpson had summarized the greatest secrets to lifelong health…

He had probably never given a second thought to his personal health. But his simple answers provide a profound insight into what it takes to remain healthy, well into your later years. His answers also mark a drastic difference between his lifestyle and diet – and that of the average American.

Over the years, I have often thought of Mr. Simpson's imposing figure at 86 years old. I have thought about our conversation. And as I have studied the scientific literature and spoken to dozens of natural doctors, it has become crystal clear why Harold was so healthy and vibrant at such an advanced age.

I have boiled these lessons down into five secrets to achieving a long, active and age-defying life. Here they are:

  1. Keep your blood sugar low and stable – Chronically high blood sugar and insulin levels dramatically speed up the aging process and are primary risk factors for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's, reduced immunity and more. Stick to a low-glycemic diet and stay away from added sugars. And if you do have a sweet tooth... not to worry! There are several all-natural, low-glycemic sweeteners that will satisfy your sweet tooth, without souring your health (more on that in the next issue.)
  1. Eat healthy fats in the proper ratio – Because of processed foods, conventionally-raised meats and the abundance of vegetable oil in our diet, most people consume far too many omega-6 fats and far too few omega-3s. This is a recipe for inflammation and sets the stage for a host of degenerative diseases. Harold's diet included lots of healthy fats from wild game and grass-fed beef. Wild Alaskan salmon and fish oil are also very good ways to get your omega-3s.
  1. Eat a diet rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants – Oxidation within the body is a primary cause of physical aging and degenerative disease. It can be controlled by consuming a diet that is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients. Harold got all the antioxidants he needed from his garden. A diet that is rich in organic berries, herbs, vegetables and fruits will help you do the same.
  1. Expose your skin to sunlight – There are so many benefits of vitamin D it is impossible to list them all here (although I did write a book about it). It is a powerful protector against cancer, heart disease and diabetes and is necessary for hundreds of functions within your body. Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to get enough from your diet. And unlike Harold, most of us don't spend enough time in the sun. If you're not able to enjoy the sun several times a week or if you live in a northern or far southern climate, take at least 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 each day.
  1. Be consistently active, and exercise in short bursts – Your body is meant to be used. It will quickly deteriorate if it's not. Physical activity should be as high a priority as eating and sleeping. Do the things you enjoy, but be sure to engage in some form of exercise at least five days a week. Harold was frequently active, but usually at a low pace. When he did "exercise" it was often in the form of short, intense bursts of energy... like tossing 20 bales of hay on the back of a truck. That is the same way our genetic ancestors were active as well, as they hunted and gathered food. And as Dr. Al Sears has clearly shown in his PACE Program, there is no better way to strengthen your heart and lungs, shed fat and build muscle.

In the next several issues of Total Health Breakthroughs, I will talk about each one of these vital steps to a long life. I will show you why each one is so important. And I will show you just how simple and easy it can be.

Until then… here's to tossing hay bales at 80.


Jon Herring
Editorial Director
Total Health Breakthroughs

Home | About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Unsubscribe |Whitelist Us|Printer Friendly

To ensure that you never miss an issue, please whitelist our email.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.


Important: THB is dedicated to bringing its readers the newest, most hopeful and most trustworthy information and advice about natural health research, findings and products. Because we are a for-profit publication, we include advertising copy in each issue (readily identifiable by shaded boxes) and send our readers advertisements we approve of. When our editors like and use advertised products we talk about their features and benefits in our editorial. Readers should be assured that although we may have a financial interest in a product we talk about, we will never recommend anything we don’t believe in.

Copyright © 2009 Fourth Avenue Health Group, LLC, located at 245 NE 4th Avenue, Delray Beach Florida 33483, is a subsidiary of Early to Rise. Total Health Breakthroughs may be republished with its links intact by non commercial entities. Total Health Breakthroughs may not be republished for commercial purposes without written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment