Stem Cell Nutrition -- Video and Articles


Watch the Stem Cell Nutrition Product Video: Click Here.

Stem Cell Health is simple and natural. Embrionic Stem Cells are Controversial Conversation. Consequently Stem Cells are hot political news. We are interested only in what everyone agrees about -- no bull here.

Friday, November 6, 2009

THB: The Most Effective Way to Feed Your Hunger

To ensure that you never miss an issue, please whitelist our email.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.
Home | About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Unsubscribe |Whitelist Us|Printer Friendly
TOTAL HEALTH BREAKTHROUGHS
By Jon Herring - Editorial Director Friday, November 6th

I used to always be hungry and crave food...

I was hungry when I woke up. I was very hungry before I went to bed. And I was even hungry not long after a big meal. Thankfully, I was not obese. I was younger then and I liked to exercise. But I did carry about 20 pounds too many. And I had a round face and a soft belly.

I was eating and drinking a full menu of high-density carbohydrates back then. Pizza, cereal, bagels, sandwiches, chips and soda were all on the list. I consumed plenty of calories. Yet, I was still hungry.

And not only was I frequently hungry, but my mood and energy levels would swing wildly. I would become irritable... sometimes depressed. And I always felt like I needed a nap about two in the afternoon. But there was one thing that always seemed to boost my mood and energy – more carbs!

Then, about 10 years ago, I began to study the diet of our Paleolithic genetic ancestors...

Before that, I had not thought much about what I should eat to remain healthy and lean. But I didn't like the fact that I was gaining weight.

I quickly learned that high-glycemic carbohydrates are foreign to our metabolism. Especially when we consume them in large quantities – as we have since the dawn of the food processing revolution. This is a drastic departure from the diet on which we evolved.

Therefore, I decided to make my own drastic departure. I didn't go on a "diet" or start counting calories. I didn't buy meals from Weight Watchers. And I didn't join the Atkins revolution, with all of their artificial sweeteners and fake, processed foods.

I just decided to start eating real, organic, whole foods. I ate lots of leafy green salads and a variety of colorful vegetables. I made my own vegetable juices. I snacked on fruit, nuts and seeds. I ate eggs (The whole egg, of course. You don't think our ancestors would have thrown the yolk away, do you?). Grass-fed beef, pastured poultry, raw cheese and dairy. And lots of wild salmon.

My hunger and cravings simply vanished (along with the spare tire around my belly)...

Within about two weeks, my cravings for food were almost completely gone. I had energy that lasted all day. I didn't need a nap in the afternoons. My moods were stable and upbeat. My mind was sharper and more alert.

And my excess body fat simply melted away. Within about eight weeks, I lost more than 20 pounds. I reached my ideal weight and have remained within three or four pounds of that target ever since. My experience taught me first hand that hunger is about a lot more than just an empty stomach.

There are two types of hunger...

  • Physical hunger builds slowly and occurs several hours after a meal. This is how you feel after exercise or a long period of work, when you have depleted your energy stores. You feel discomfort. Your stomach growls. You might feel tired and your brain doesn't work as it should. This is your physiological need for nutrients and energy. Food provides relief from this feeling almost instantly.
  • Hormonal hunger comes on suddenly. It often has nothing to do with mealtime. In fact, hormonal hunger can strike right after you have had a meal. Have you ever wondered where that "extra room" for dessert comes from? Hormonal hunger can cause strong emotional cravings for specific foods – especially carbohydrates. It can also cause mood swings and low energy. And it creates a near continual desire to eat.

I don't take credit for the term, "hormonal hunger." Fitness and nutrition author, Rob Faigin, coined it in his superb book, Natural Hormonal Enhancement. He points out that hormonal hunger has nothing to do with a real need for food. It is the result of the interplay of various hormones in the body.

To avoid physical hunger, eat before you become hungry. To avoid hormonal hunger, you have to know what to eat.

Foods that are high on the glycemic index (60 and above) are those that convert to blood sugar very rapidly. That's what you want to avoid. When your blood sugar spikes, the hormone insulin spikes too. This can provide a burst of energy, but it is fleeting and followed by a crash.

The whole process puts us on a hormonal roller coaster that causes us to become hungry and consume food, even when our body does not physically need it.

That's why most of the foods we eat should score low (20 and below) on the glycemic index. These foods take longer to break down and they contain fewer carbohydrates, so the secretion of insulin is lower. Eating these foods will get you off the hunger cycle and curtail the constant cravings.

The chairman of our advisory board, Dr. Al Sears has a glycemic index and glycemic load chart on his website, if you would like to learn which foods score the lowest and highest.

To Your Health


Jon Herring
Editorial Director
Total Health Breakthroughs

Rate us: Rate it! or leave us a comment

Take Up to 6 Inches off Your Belly in Just 10 Weeks

When the rest of the world catches up – this little-known West African herb may be celebrated as the most effective weight loss compound ever tested.

But you can use it to drop pounds – and lose inches – RIGHT NOW. There's science that backs it up.

The people in the study – which was published in the medical journal Lipids in Health and Diseaselost an average of 28 pounds and 6 inches off their belly. And they didn't change their diet or exercise habits.

Dr. Sears' enhanced version of this formula is ready today. It's even more effective than the compound researchers used in the clinical tests. Get started TODAY!

Home | About Us | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Unsubscribe |Whitelist Us|Printer Friendly

To ensure that you never miss an issue, please whitelist our email.
If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.


Important: THB is dedicated to bringing its readers the newest, most hopeful and most trustworthy information and advice about natural health research, findings and products. Because we are a for-profit publication, we include advertising copy in each issue (readily identifiable by shaded boxes) and send our readers advertisements we approve of. When our editors like and use advertised products we talk about their features and benefits in our editorial. Readers should be assured that although we may have a financial interest in a product we talk about, we will never recommend anything we don’t believe in.

Copyright © 2009 Fourth Avenue Health Group, LLC, located at 245 NE 4th Avenue, Delray Beach Florida 33483, is a subsidiary of Early to Rise. Total Health Breakthroughs may be republished with its links intact by non commercial entities. Total Health Breakthroughs may not be republished for commercial purposes without written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment